Tuesday 3 April 2007

Amy-Lee's Birthday

Today is a day of great celebration, my oldest child Amy-Lee turns eleven today. It is so hard to believe that it was eleven years ago that I became a father for the first time, time has gone so quickly! At the same time when you look back on our lives eleven years ago so much has changed. If you had said to me back then that I would have been preparing to enter officership I would have had you put away. The Lord has surely moved in some mysterious ways but when you look back the strengths and assurances we have today have been developed and nurtured through these times.
As I sit and look at Amy-Lee today I see a beautiful young lady, with a very strong will (just like her Mum) and I thank God for entrusting Susan and I with the huge task of showing her by example the way to live a Christian Life. It is a huge challenge but we are gradually learning to do it. Susan is such a great Mother and wife and an absolute tower of strength, the things that Susan has dealt with in her life and the beautiful caring and nurturing nature she has is a credit to her and her parents. I am a very lucky man.
As the Easter period approaches we are in a strange position of not quite knowing what the immediate future holds but also having a very strong sense of purpose and calling on our lives and future, so being very comfortable in where we are heading.
May God bless you each this Easter and may you again realise that Jesus died for each of us, and there can be no greater Love. But more importantly He rose again and defeated death for each of us! Take time to thank the living God for the ultimate Easter present, and the present of an amazing daughter Amy-Lee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lamottes! Thank you for sharing this Blog with us! I have truly enjoyed reading it. You are a truly inspirational family unit.

Love Mary, Ben & Tre XX