Monday 16 July 2007

God's Call

WOW ! How awesome is it that God has called Me ! Me, this very weak,failed attempt at a man, me the one who has let Him down so many times, ME! There are times I am blown away by the fact that Christ sees me as worthy of His call. There is just no way that I can do the things that He is asking me to do; by myself ! but that is what is so amazing about God, He doesn't ask us to do anything by ourselves, it is through His power.
This past weekend we have shared a great time at the Territorial Candidates Weekend. I never knew you could develop such great friendships in two days, we have had the privilege of attending these weekends before and I continue to be challenged and uplifted by the willingness of people to give their lives over to God, and say hear am I my Lord send me! It was a great weekend at times we laughed, at times we cried (thanks Cadet Darren!), at times we just sat and listened to the voice of God, at times we sang loud praises to God and through the whole weekend we were privileged to have great teaching. Despite all of these great times it was the chance to sit and talk with these new made friends that stood out to me over the weekend, to hear the call that God has placed on their lives, and the courage they have shown in being open to that Call, I thank them each for the way they touched our hearts and encouraged us to keep striving for what God desires of us.(Susan is standing behind me making me change everything from singular to plural, where would we be without the J's in this world! I think she is making a list of things I should change)
We are privileged to be on this journey and thank God for the fact that He chose us to be the Salt and the light for him, even if we don't believe we can do it. To quote the Territorial Candidates department " Give up your small ambitions and come,change the world!" Mark 8:34-35.
For those of you that I just met this past weekend or those that I had the chance to share with again I say thank you and would encourage you to stay strong to your call! For the rest of my friends reading this I hope this might challenge you to think of what God might be asking you to do, He is calling people are you listening. God Bless you each I promise I will try and post a new blog in the next couple of days.

1 Thessalonians 5:24
"The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it."

1 comment:

Simon Mapleback said...

Hey Darren,
It was great to meet you last weekend at the candidates weekend - it was only once we really talked but it was great anyway!
Your testemony was so amazingly powerful, please tell the world that!! You'll change so many lives.
Hope to catch you around again soon.
God bless mate!!