Wednesday 13 August 2008

Just where is God ?

No I have not lost my faith or suddenly become an atheist, but over the last couple of weeks it has been really easy to lose focus and to get so caught up in what has to be done that you forget why you are doing it.
Susan has been very ill and so I have had to do her jobs at work as well as mine. This has also meant that I have had to do some extra things at home (probably not as many as Susan would have liked !), we are in the process of moving home, our bosses have just gone on holidays for four weeks, I was at court last week with a young guy I have been working with, etc etc the list just goes on.
And then on Tuesday morning we received a call to say Susans Nanna had passed away in Mulwala. This was obviously a very emotional time as Susan was very close to Mama, and then the preparations began to get to the funeral on friday (A six hour drive away from us here at Warrnambool) Through all of this you get so busy doing what you can that at times you forget to seek Gods heart and try to do it all through your own strength.... Big Mistake !
It was at this stage late last week that I found myself losing my temper easily, and for someone who doesnt usually stress too much I was getting very stressed. Why hadnt we received this phone call, when were we going to find out, what was happening, when was Sue going to start to feel better, when were we going to be able to start packing ...... just writing this makes me stress again ! But it was at this time that I felt God ask me to "Be Still", we are singing a beautiful song by this name in songsters at the moment and the words came back to me at just the right time "Come rest your weary head upon my breast and listen to the heartbeat of God"

It is so easy to get so busy that we forget to seek God in everything, when really when times are like this we should be spending more time with God. I pray that the next time I find myself in this situation it will not take so long to seek the heartbeat of God.

No comments: