Saturday 12 May 2007

To be like Jesus

It has been very frustrating for me over recent times to have what seems to be continual roadblocks placed in the way of Susan and myself as we strive to live out the calling that God has placed on our lives, but it has also reminded me that we have to be aware that our actions, comments and behaviour are things that people are watching and seeing if we live out the words we speak. It is not always easy to forgive others and to love everyone as Jesus did but this has to be our daily aim. To live everyday closer to the way that Jesus did, to be more in step with Him, to be an example of Christian Servant hood for others to see. This is enormously hard but also a great challenge. I have to be aware that because others have wronged me or done/said things I feel slighted by that I have to look to Jesus and the example He set of forgiveness and love.
I can remember singing a beautiful chorus when I was younger and the words ring very true today as I sit here and type this message
"To be like Jesus
This hope possesses me
In every thought and deed
This is my aim, my creed
To be like Jesus
This hope possesses me
His spirit helping me
Like Him I'll be."

No comments: