Monday 26 November 2007

Connections 07

WOW what a four days !
I went to Connections not quite sure what I was going to receive from this event and came away with my spirit uplifted, an acute awareness of Gods call on my life, a knowledge of the unbelievable support we have and a confirmation that the future is on the up for The Salvation Army.
You felt the moving of the Holy Spirit throughout this whole event. The Officers Councils were just breathtaking as for the first time I got to share with over 600 other officers and give worship to OUR GOD ! we prayed, we learnt, we shed tears, but most importantly we recommitted our lives to the Kingdom Of God and His people. This was all the more special for me as I sat with Mum Lamotte and Mum and Dad Grigsbey. How I would have loved to have been able to share an occasion like this with my father.
The Electives on the Friday and Saturday were full of information and great times of uniting people with similar callings and questions and allowing them to discuss these in an inviting environment. As for the worship on Friday Night I only need to say one thing WOW ! To see God moving in the lives of so many people was just awesome. As always the Commissioning and Ordination was a very moving and touching ceremony and we should be supporting all the new Captains in prayer.
The best times though for me where not found in any of the above (as much as I loved them) the best for me was getting the opportunity to catch up with friends,colleagues,and co-workers and find out how they are doing, what their needs are, what they long for and importantly to remind me of how many wonderful Christian people are regularly praying for us and our ministry at Warrnambool. I just pray now that as we put what we learnt into practise that we will not forget the Connections that we made over this amazing Weekend, and the God who made this all possible !.

1 comment:

Sarah Eldridge said...

Hey Darren,
It was great to see you at Connections! What an awesome weekend - God is indeed good!

:)

See you soon!!

Sare