Saturday 12 April 2008

Facebook

I seem to be always about two years behind the latest trends, and to prove my point I have joined Facebook this week. I was introduced by my sister in law as a way that Susan and I could catch up with some old friends we knew when we first got married, well I didnt realise how quickly you could find people you hadnt spoken to or seen for twenty years.
It has been great to catch up with some of these and find out what has been happening in their lives and let them know about what we are doing. It has been fun to shock a number of them with the fact we are now in full-time ministry. These people have remained as my friends even though we lost regular contact, and we were able to chat and laugh together as if we had never been seperated.
I cant help but relate this to God and the love He has for each of us, no matter if we stop communication with Him and get caught up in other things He is always waiting for us to make contact again, and wanting to embrace us and welcome us back to the family.

No comments: