Sunday 23 September 2007

Its Official


Today we were installed as the Assistant Officers at Warrnambool Corps, the installation was conducted by the Divisional Commander Major Peter Walker. It was a lovely ceremony and you could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit as we were installed and then Lindsay and Karyn Stow sang an absolutely beautiful blessing over us. It was also lovely that the people who had travelled down from Rowville and our families were each given a special mention and thanked for the parts they have played in us reaching this point today.
We were welcomed to the corps by Chris Philpot and the children were welcomed by Tiah Drake, this was a lovely touch and the children each received a welcoming gift from the corps. Warrnambool has really gone out of its way to welcome our children and make them feel at home.We truly believe that this is where God has placed us and we look forward to starting the job and seeing what God can achieve through us.
As today marks the start of our "official Ministry" I would like to acknowledge the contributions that both sets of parents have made to our lives, and I just pray that we would do justice to the reputation and respect that both families have due to the ministries that they have served in. If I can be half the officer that our parents have been I will be very happy and the Kingdom of God will be better for our service.
As we start the work that God has called us to I once again commit my life to Him and say 'Here am I My Lord send me and use me as you see fit'. May God continue to bless you each.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for your ministry!
Praying for you all
Penn & Al
Phillipians 1:3-6 xox