Sunday 23 December 2007

Have a great Christmas.

What a year ! Twelve months ago we were living in Blackburn South, I was working as the National Operations Manager for a small Import/Export Company ( and hating it), we were soldiering at Rowville Salvos and we were aiming to get to college next year.
Twelve months on and we are living in beautiful Warrnambool, we are Lieutenants and have been full time Ministers for three months. God is moving here at the local corps, we are seeing some great things unfolding and there are even bigger and better things to come. You can never tell when life is going to take a twist, sometimes you just have to hold on and have faith that it will all work out. It has been a truly amazing year and we are very grateful to all our friends and family who have helped make this transition so smooth. The people at Warrnambool have made us feel so at home, it feels like we have known everyone for so long now. We are really excited that the kids have made some great new friends and fitted in really well to their new surrounds. I shouldn't be so surprised when I say that because we have always been certain that if God called us He called our whole family, and He would pave the way for the children as well as us. I try to tell them regularly but sometimes it is not always easy but I am very proud of our three children and the individuals they are growing into, they are each unique but they are the greatest gift we as a couple could ever have received. I will post some pictures of them each in the new year.
Susan continues to amaze me, she has this ability to make people feel comfortable with her immediately. The friendships and bonds she builds are truly a gift from God. I can honestly say my love for Susan grows with everyday, she is incredibly beautiful and a great Mother.
Once again thank you to everyone for the part you have played in where we are today. I pray that God will really bless you over this holiday period, and that you will all remain safe and secure.
I would like to leave you with a quote I read recently, God Bless and have a great Christmas !

The spirit of Christmas needs to superseded by the Spirit of Christ. The spirit of Christmas is annual; the Spirit of Christ is eternal. The spirit of Christmas is sentimental; the Spirit of Christ is supernatural. The spirit of Christmas is a human product; the Spirit of Christ is a divine person. That makes all the difference in the world.

- Stuart Briscoe

1 comment:

Sarah Eldridge said...

Darren, I thank God that you and Susan were bought to Western Vic to share with us! You've been such a blessing to me already, and I know that over the coming year, we're going to be able to share so much more in our journey working with the children and youth of our Corps and Division!
God bless you this Christmas and New Year, and I will see you all soon!