Sunday 6 January 2008

New Years Resolutions

Are you one of those people that make a New Years Resolution and then forget about it by February 1st (if not before !), I must admit in my life I have done this a few times. It seems every year I decide I must do something about my weight, but every year it grows and my hairline recedes. Sometimes we don't keep our resolutions because we set the bar too high; this year I am going to get debt free and save $5000, this year I am going to lose 25 kilos etc etc.
Maybe we need to set small realistic targets to meet regularly during the year , and then by the end we will see big results.

The reason for this discussion is we had our Corps Senior Leadership day apart on Saturday. This was a great time of laying out plans for the coming years, reporting on how our individual areas of management were going, working out where we wanted to focus in the coming year and setting goals. However I found myself thinking on Saturday night when doing my devotions that this was not like our loose New Years Resolutions, these were not things hatched in five minutes at midnight on the 31st. These were plans and directions that were based in prayer had been thought about, discussed, dissected, and then agreed upon as the way best for us to spend our energies and resources. I believe that these were Gods plans not the plans of man.

It is now our chief objective to make sure that we work diligently and to the best of our talents to achieve these plans we have put in place.

One of the keys to the success of this day was the prayer that went into this both before and during the day apart. I am excited about the coming weeks as we enter into 24/7 prayer this coming weekend, I believe that this will be a time of healing, a time of restoration, a time of challenge, a time when the seeds will be sown for prodigals to return and I believe the start of Revival. You can really sense the Spirit of God moving in and through the Warrnambool Corps and I believe and pray that this coming 24/7 prayer will only fan that flame and encourage our people to impact the community in which they live and work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

Also, in reading your post; I agree with you --- Smaller objectivves seem to be the way to go in order to meet a larger goal.

God bless you in your 2008 objectives; and more importantly, God's objectives for you!

Corina.