Wednesday 5 March 2008

Envoy Darren Lamotte

Envoy Darren Lamotte - it is a title I am still getting used to!. When we were told that the rank of Lieutenant was returning to a Commissioned Officers rank and we would be getting a new title my first thought was please dont be Envoy ! As I have said before I believe God has a great sense of humour. Having said that I am not really bothered too much by what title I have or haven't got, and I can see a time in the future and maybe not that distant future when we might have the rank of Cadet or maybe even Lieutenant again. Susan is far less impressed with the name than I am.

The one thing this has made me realise again is that God did not call me to be a Lieutenant or an Envoy or for that matter a Captain or Major, God called me to minister to people and to tell people of His Love and the amazing life changing powers of Jesus. That through the Cross our/your/their sins are forgiven and life can have meaning and purpose. This is what I am called to do and it doesn't matter what name I have or what trim I have on my uniform the aim is the same.

I want to grow closer to God everyday, and I want to share my love and passion for Him to everyone I meet.Do you know God ? Do you have a relationship with Him ? If not get in contact with me, I would love to tell you about Him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't Envoy's just old bald guys;)

Darren Lamotte said...

Yeah well at least that part I fit, not soo sure where Sue fits in then... hahaha

Simon Mapleback said...

Wow, Envoy! I was wondering how it would take it's new shape?!

In Rwanda the Lieutenants were taking the title of Aux Captains, so, different titles but really the same!

Just call yourselves Auxillery Captains, unofficially, if you prefer the sound over Envoy! (You didn't hear it from me though...)

Sarah Eldridge said...

You know - Envoys once upon a time brought up images of really old guys who welcomed you at church - but my parents and a few others in their time smashed that idea to shreds! :) So don't worry, you are in excellent company being "Envoys" - the very best officers I know (and yes I am biased) came from that rank! They did it the hard way - they then had to go to Auxillary Captains before they were made Captains. Going to College does seem a more logical road than the one they took! haha! It does seem a bit backwards step from the Army to reintroduce the rank of Envoy though.

You & Susan are great regardless of the rank in front of your name! :)

I'm looking at next year for Training College - there's plenty of room for another Western Vic family!!! I would love to be session mates with you! :)

Love Sare

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel