Monday 5 May 2008

Integrity

I looked up the dictionary for the word integrity and found this "Integrity is the basing of one's actions on an internally consistent framework of principles. Depth of principles and adherence of each level to the next are key factors. One is said to have integrity to the extent that everything one does is derived from the same core set of values. While those values may change, it is their consistency with each other and with the person's actions that determine the person's integrity."

I have been thinking about this word a lot lately and Dianne preached on this last Sunday. I have been trying to determine if my actions and my words are congruent, am I living out what I am talking. It is a great challenge and I admit that at times I have fallen well short of what I would and should be hoping for. The hardest part of this for me is the part about everything being derived from the same core set of values, this means totally, always, everytime, even when people arent looking. This includes my thoughts, my desires, my anger, my frustration, my tiredness .... the list goes on and on... but in each of these things I must work toward having the same set of values.

As a follower of Christ I should be living a life that is not only pleasing to myself but more importantly pleasing to God, and portaying Christs love to those that I encouinter along the way. This is a great challenge but also a must if I am to do what God is wanting me to.

I pray that as you go about your every day life that you would try to do everything with Integrity and allow God to use you in every situation. God Bless.

1 comment:

Sarah Eldridge said...

Darren I find you to be a man of great integrity, and this blog post to be both inspiring and challenging. Thanks heaps!! How's Zara?! Hope you're all well!
Love & Blessings,
Sare xox