Monday 2 June 2008

Journalling

I wonder how many of you reading this have ever had a spiritual journal, we as a leadership team here at Warrnambool have been given the challenge of using a life journal. Every day we have made a commitment to read chosen chapters from Gods word and then to journal our thoughts. The journal should be done using the S.O.A.P acronym. (Scripture,Observation,Application and Prayer).This is not something that I have ever done regularly so it is a challenge for me, and I have also decided to continue with my personal devotions as well as this.I have been challenged as to how much time I spend doing inconsequential things like watching TV,surfing the net,reading the paper etc and how little time I spend actually 100% focused on God. I have a very healthy prayer life, I usually spend time reading and in devotions daily but as a sum total of my day this is very small.I am also aware that most of the time that I do actually spend in devotions I am occupied, either by reading or praying, and I don't always allow myself to have quietness and allow God to speak to me, and reflect on His Word and Provisions.
We have only been doing this for two days so I will need to make sure in a months time I am still giving my journal the same priority but it has been a surprising blessing and a time of great encouragement to me. I pray that God will continue to challenge me and to speak to me as I come before Him in quietness and seek His face.

1 comment:

Heart to God, Hand to Man said...

Job 13:13, "Be quiet and give me a chance to speak, and let the results be what they will".
What an incredible challenge. Think I need to spend some time thinking about that one....Keep us posted on how you go. Love to all.